लहानपणापासूनची माझी एक सवय आहे. फार कंटाळा आला, की मी माझे जुन्या पुस्तकांचे कपाट उचकटत बसतो, आणि जे मिळेल ते वाचत सुटतो. आज अगदी असंच झालं. संध्याकाळी हॉल ८ ला गेलो होतो. तिथे एक अफलातून "Titanic Point" होता. समोर विस्तीर्ण मैदान, उजवीकडे दूरपर्यंत पांढरा-गुलाबी हॉल ८, आणि डोक्यावर कवि ग्रेसांच्या भाषेत सांगायचं तर "चंद्रसजणांचे झरे". अनपेक्षितपणे वाटलं, आत्ता हाडाला जाऊन भिडणारी, रक्त गोठवणारी थंडी असायला हवी होती... परत आल्यावर कंटाळा आला म्हणून जुन्याच "Sent mails" चा Folder उघडून उचकापाचकी करू लागलो. त्यात मी सुमारे २ फेब्रुवारी ला मित्रांना पाठवलेली एक mail मिळाली, ती अशी:

"Hi,
today something happened that i had NEVER experianced before...
today i woke up at around as usual around 7:30. checked my mail, started wondering about my day, and was feeling a slight pain in back due to yesterday's khokho match...
i wished i could sleep but saw a jam-packed 8-5 day with a list full of "todo's"...
just peeped outta my window
and my god! baher prachanda daaat dhuka hota...
it was like, i couldn't see even 2 feet away from my window.
i rushed out to my wing's long corridor, and whoa! the end of the corridor was invisible, only a hint of sun was to be seen somewhere around a misty tree top...
it was not at all cold, but still the fog was very thick and beautiful...
i literally felt like i was in heaven...
the tree tops simply vanished somewhere in the sky...
their green colour was made attractively paler by the fog.
i took out my cycle.there are some very beautiful flower patches in our hostel.. and some big lawns...
it was really, like there was colour only in 5 feet radius around me, and the range of colour was moving with me,... i was really amused. the lawn literally seemed ghostly but still exceedingly magnetic in that fog.
it was like, there were only some trees, some finite flowers with vibrant colours, and myself in the world...
i drove on the daily path, which seemed like a path in dreams....
just before i reached the lecture hall, i saw that miniscule water drops had clinged to my sweat-shirt...
i didn't dare touch and disturb their fine postures...
i had absolutely no intention to sit for a lecture in such a fine (apparently very bad!) weather, but i had to...
for the first time in my life, i had felt that, how nice would it be if my life became this way, that i had no pains about the past, no queries about the future, and i could live only in present, enjoying each moment as it comes... and could enjoy the beauty, (rather the reality), nothing but 5 feet away from me..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do remember your this mail. sahi hoti. mail peksha hi ti veL :)

Awekar

yog said...

very nice...
ur flow of writing is such a great and
so many references take mind in
platinum shell